I like to make playlists; it’s how I deal with everything. From events in my life, road trips, to changing seasons; I have a playlist for everything. I’ll be sharing them with you when I have time (slash remember). I think, most of the time my choices will probably be from artists that people are familiar with, but sometimes the artists may be a bit off the beaten path. Just roll with it.
1. The Real World – Owl City All Things Bright and Beautiful
“Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn’t want to live there.”
2. Talkin’ Smooth – Kate Voegele A Fine Mess
“Every good girl has a real goo reason to believe in breakin’ all the rules sometimes. I’m that girl and, baby, you’re that reason.”
3. Running Man – Hanson The Walk
“He’s playing you for a fool. He’s foolin’ ‘round on you. And I just lost my cool. Feeling so sad.”
I tend to put my favorite song of the moment as song number three. This is my current favorite song. I don’t know why, there’s just something about it. Zac Hanson; the fun piano; my undying love of Hanson, it all just works.
4. Just A Feeling – Maroon 5 Hands All Over
“Obsessed, depressed at the same time, I can’t even walk in a straight line.”
5. Somewhere With You – Kenny Chesney Hemingway’s Whiskey
“It’s just a temporary high, cause when I close my eyes I’m somewhere with you.”
6. It Will Rain – Bruno Mars
I have been waiting for a new song from this guy for forever.
7. Modern Love – Matt Nathanson Modern Love
“They sing me love songs with store-bought words. They make promises like politicians. So we stumble and disconnect over and over again.”
8. Texas Was You – Jason Aldean My Kinda Party
Yeah, this one only made the list because it reminds me of Friday Night Lights: The Series (which I’m watching in honor of it being high school football season). Texas forever!
9. I Find the Light In You – Joe Brooks A Reason to Swim
“I don’t think there’s a sun that’s ever shone brighter than the radiance of you. And I wouldn’t want one to.”
I have been a fan of this guy for a long time, and this song has always been one of my favorites. I’ve been listening to it on rough-cut tracks forever, so, naturally I was thrilled when I learned that it would be included on his new EP. It’s beautiful and sweet, and I hope one day that (future) Husby will think of me this way. Joe may not be someone people are familiar with, but they should be. Go check him out on www.joebrooks.com!
10. Best Day of My Life – Jesse McCartney The Beautiful Soul Tour Live
I fell in love with this song when I heard it A Cinderella Story (Don’t hate, I love that movie). I’m pretty sure this song belongs to someone else originally, but I have a soft spot for J-Mac, so his version wins out.
11. Wonderwall – Oasis (What’s the Story) Morning Glory
“Because maybe, you’re gonna be the one that saves me. And after all, you’re my wonderwall.”
12. Love Song – Hanson This Time Around
“In this love song, you can love long. But if you love wrong it doesn’t mean the loves gone. I wish someone would of told me before.”
13. You Can’t Do That – The Beatles The Beatles Second Album
14. And I Waited – Hanson Shout It Out
Yeah, there’s quite a bit of Hanson of this playlist, but I like them. A lot. And they have a lot of seriously good music. (I’m not going to get into it all now, because there will be a future Hanson post, stay tuned.)
15. Calling All Angels – Train My Private Nation
“In a world where what we want is only what we want until it’s ours.”
16. You’re Not Thinking – Drake Bell A Reminder
‘So please, please, please. You got to let me go. You, you, you, you don’t even know that you’re not thinking, you’re not thinking about me.”
17. The Last Goodbye – David Cook This Loud Morning
“I know somebody out there will love you. They’ll be the forever we never were, ‘cause we were everything that’s right at the wrong time.”
18. When You’re Gone – Hanson Underneath
“Well I just can’t seem to pity, ‘cause my heart’s too numb to feel. And the smile does all the talking, though the pain is all that’s real.”
19. Busy Bee – Bryan Greenberg Waiting for Now
Thank you One Tree Hill. Jake Jagielski has always been my favorite OTH character, and then I discovered that he was also a musician. I love him. I love his laid back style, and his under-produced sound (under-produced in a good way).
20. Fine By Me – Andy Grammer Andy Grammer
“I’m just sayin’ it’s fine by me, if you never leave. And we could love like this forever, it’s fine by me.”
Listen to the playlist here.