Weaknesses? What are those?? I have no weakness.
Jk. I have about a million weaknesses. But that’s okay. Weaknesses are a part of what makes us individuals. It’s all a part of our character, if nobody had any weaknesses we’d all be pretty boring. Not to mention we’d all probably be robots.
1. Animals. Furry creatures in all shapes and sizes have my heart. I want to save all endangered species, especially polar bears and tigers. Poor things! I get so angry at people who mistreat animals. Angry to the point of where I want to reciprocate the action. Kick a dog, I will kick you. Starve a horse, you should be starved. I want to adopt every puppy or kitten I ever see. That stupid Sarah McLachlan commercial gets me every time! I hate it so much. I won’t even watch it, I will change the channel to golf before I will watch that commercial. This is a little bit sad, and many people will judge me for this, but those mistreated animal commercials make me feel worse than the hungry children commercials. I know, I’m a horrible person.
2. Musicians. There is just something about them that I adore. Their whole demeanor and their attitudes. I am going to end up married to some charming, smooth-talking singer-songwriter/guitarist/pianist/drummer (*cough*boybander*cough). It’s inevitable. It is going to happen. And I wouldn’t want it any other way. He’s going to be really attractive. And he’s going to write songs about me and sing me to sleep. (I also have a bit of a soft spot for quarterbacks. And southern guys.)
3. Food. I know that you’d maybe expect me to list one certain food that is a weakness for me, but the truth is that all food is a weakness for me. I love me some food. And nothing on my list of favorites is healthy in anyway at all. In fact, I will intentionally avoid any foods that sound “too healthy.” I love baked goods: brownies, cookies, cupcakes, pies, cobblers and any other creative thing you could think to bake. I love comfort foods: mashed potatoes, gravy (I will literally put brown gravy on EVERYTHING), chicken and dumplings, fried chicken, grilled cheese, mac and cheese, corn, chili and stew. I love breakfast foods: chocolate chip pancakes, eggs, bacon, toast, and hash browns. I love ethnic food: tortellini, lasagna, enchiladas, orange chicken and fried rice.
I just love food. I am not looking forward to the day where I can no longer eat whatever I want, whenever I want without getting fat. That will be a very sad time in my life, because I will get huge. There will be no such thing as changing my eating habits, I will get fat. I’ll be that person who has to be lifted out of their house with a crane.
4. Can being too nice count as a weakness? I think it can. I am too nice, I’m a people pleaser (to a certain extent). I know that that little piece of info might shock some of you, but it’s true.
Person: Hey Misty, can you do this ridiculously hard/time consuming/inconvenient thing for me? For no pay?
Me: (in my head) Um, no. I’m offended you’d even ask me to do that!
Me: (in reality) Yeah, of course. No problem.
I am completely unable to say no. It’s become a problem. People take advantage of me, and it’s not cool. I do too many favors for people, but then they do not feel compelled to help me in return. I do nice things for people without the expectation of them doing anything remotely nice for for me (because it’s been my experience to have people not do anything nice for me, ever). Being nice is a good trait to have, but there comes a point where you become a doormat, and that’s not a good thing. I think that’s where I’m at right now. I just need to find that healthy line.
5. I’m a dreamer. This is both a strength and a weakness for me. It’s a weakness because I have a hard time living in the now. I’m always thinking about where I want to be, where I could be, and imagining what my future might look like. I tend to live more in my imagined world than in the real world.
*Honorable mentions: Not being able to take things seriously. I’m a perpetual procrastinator. TV on DVD. Movies of all kinds. Buying dresses that I might never wear. Candy. Doritos.