Today is our last full day at Dauphin Island, and it’s already making me sad.
It’s been such a good week here.
The only stresser being whether or not we were actually going to make it back to the shore with our paddle-boards (we did make it, for the record, with only minor injuries).
To be totally honest, I was a little apprehensive about coming to Dauphin Island, because normally we go to North Carolina every year, and I wasn’t real excited to change that. I was afraid we were coming to an island with absolutely nothing, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised. The water is warmer and clearer here, and there is a pizza place that serves the best pizza, so really I’ve got all I need.
Plus my best friends are here, too.
(Now if only I could get Clark to make a 12 hour trip in the car.)
I’ve spent a lot of time by the water that last few days (the red hue of my skin will vouch for that) and this is a small sample of what I’ve been listening to:
- Can’t Stop the Feeling – Justin Timberlake – Single From DreamWorks TROLLS
“I got that sunshine in my pocket. Got that good song in my feet. I feel that hot blood in my body when it drops. I can’t take my eyes up off it, moving so phenomenally.”
- Heartbeat – Mat Kearney – Just Kids
“I feel your heart beat, beat, beat beating right next to me. The heat, heat, heat got me feeling like I believe in all the things, baby, that we could be.”
- Cake by the Ocean – DNCE – Swway EP
“You should be rolling with me, you should be rolling with me. You’re a real life fantasy, you’re a real life fantasy. But you’re moving so carefully; let’s start living dangerously.”
- Giants – Matt Nathanson – Show Me Your Fangs
“I’m done trying to fit in, and be half forgiven for things that I never did. We’re more than what scares us, we’re final and fearless.”
- Rock Bottom – Hailee Steinfeld – Haiz
“You hate me now and I feel the same way. You love me now and I feel the same way. We scream and we shout and make up the same day, same day.”
- New Orleans – Parachute – Wide Awake
“We’re runnin’ by the river, the city lights are blazing. She looks like she could fly off, like gravity is failing.”
- We Don’t Talk Anymore – Charlie Puth feat. Selena Gomez – Nine Track Mind
“Every now and then I think you might want me to come show up at your door. But I’m just too afraid that I’ll be wrong.”
- Peppermint Ice Cream – Brett Taylor – Highway Jetliner
“When life gets to moving too fast we kiss and it slows down. We might not know what it’s about, we’re too young to have it figured out.”
- The Sound – The 1975 – I Love It When You Sleep…
“I don’t regret it but I’m glad that we’re through. So don’t you tell me that you ‘just don’t get it’ cause I know you do.”
- Dancing in The Dark – Bruce Springsteen – Born in the U.S.A.
“You sit around getting older, there’s a joke here somewhere and it’s on me. ‘ll shake this world off my shoulders, come on baby this laugh’s on me.”
- Love Me Like That – The Knocks feat. Carly Rae Jepsen – 55
“I hear thunder in the distance, and it hits me in an instant. Crashing through my heart and I’m blown apart, you don’t love me like that.”
- Unexpected Love – Matt Wertz – Gun Shy
“Sun shinin’ in the morning’, midnight, you’re the moon. You’re the tide in the ocean pullin’ me right into you.”
- Blank Space – Taylor Swift – 1989
“‘Cause we’re young and we’re reckless, we’ll take this way too far. It’ll leave you breathless or with a nasty scar.”
- I’m Yours – Alessia Cara – Know-It-All
“Oh, how rude of you to ruin my miserable, and tell me I’m beautiful. ‘Cause I wasn’t looking for love, no.”
- Talk Too Much – COIN – Single
“Silence is golden, and you’ve got my hopes up. We talk too much. No hesitation, what are we waiting for? We talk too much.”
- Something in the Way You Move – Ellie Goulding – Delirium
“There’s not one thing I can do to change your ways, but I can’t sit back and take the lonely days. When our eyes meet, I can only see the end.”
- Get the Girl Back – Hanson – Anthem
“Tell her she’s your moon and sun. Tell her that she’s always been the one. You’ve gotta say it from the heart ‘cause she will know a fake right from the start.”
- One Dance – Drake feat WizKid & Kyle – Views
“You know you gotta stick by me. Soon as you see the text, reply me. I don’t wanna spend time fighting. We’ve got no time.”
- No – Meghan Trainer – Thank You
“I was in my zone, before you came along, don’t want you to take this personal. Blah, blah, blah, I be like nah to the ah to the no, no, no.”
- Don’t Mess With My Girl – Jon McLaughlin – Like Us
“If you mess with my girl…you leave me with no choice. Imma have to raise my voice get all up in your face. And put you right in your place.”
- Bullet – Chelsea Lankes – Chelsea Lankes – EP
“And I played my favorite song. Turned up the volume and I danced. I didn’t care anymore. I’m better than I’ve ever looked. And boy, I never felt this good.”